domingo, 7 de agosto de 2011

“What was the purpose of these first two days of school and what are my plans for this year?”

  Yo this is Barb's blog (E-Portfolio). For some reason, my Science teacher told my class to create this blog to answer our question of the day:
What was the purpose of these first two days of school and what are my plans for this year?”
  I've just started 9th grade Science ( in an unusual way-sorry miss). On the first day, my teacher told my class to try to create the tallest tower of spaghuetti sticks with a marshmallow on top (unfortunately, mine fell and resulted in a small marshmallow with tons of spaghuetti sticks sticked-...haha- right into it-poor marshmallow). The purpose of that acitivity was to show me (and co.) that we have to always plan  (carefully) something before we do it. Ok, this was the first day.
This is obviously, not my tower! This pictures is just to give you a better idea of "The Marshmallow Challenge"



  On the second day, my teacher showed a video of Dr. Tae (I think he was a physicist, not sure) trying to do some kind of trick on a skateboard. In the end, after lots of attempts, Dr. Tae gave me a wonderful lesson which was: "If you want to accomplish something, just work your *** off!" or something like that.
  Summarizing, combining these two lessons, I came up with: you should always plan something (anything) and work hard to accomplish it (did I get it right, miss?).
  Now, answering the second question (please look at the title or at the  big question above before asking any questions), my plans for this year is mainly to oversome my weakness of hating to see human body parts (urgh) because I really like Biology and in order to deepen my studies in this subject, I should try to, well, not LOVE, but at least, be able to look at real organs, guts, and stuff. To accomplish this, I shall watch many horror movies (muahahaha!)...NO, I will just try not to avoid looking at the human body pictures or videos. This will be a challenge, but I'm really looking foward to try it.

  ...I've just noticed that so far after writing all this, I still haven't introduced myself (oh boy, more stuff to write/read). I'm not going to say my name because as you can see it's pretty obvious what it is (please read the name of the blog and the first sentence of the first paragraph)...I LOVE BIOLOGY! So for those who are really interested in this subject, please give me any interesting information related to it. I'm all ears, trust me. I also love drawing (manga), reading (science-fiction, fiction, and mysteries), and listening to Japanese music (ooooooh yeah!). You may also share any informaiton about these things, but I don't think it will have anything to do with this blog, for it is for my Science class; in other words, right now, I think I'm just being random (...).


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário