sexta-feira, 26 de agosto de 2011

What Kind of Cell I would Like to be and Why?

  Ok, so now instead of just talking about some project I did, I have to answer the question:
"What Kind of Cell I would Like to be and Why?"

  First: Uuumm, I guess it's pretty obvious if you just look at the title. Second: (...) no comments...0.0 (hahaha just joking, miss). Er-herm! My teacher gave me three options to choose from in order to answer this question: a prokaryotic cell, an eukaryotic animal cell, and also, an eukaryotic plant cell.

  So the cell that I would like to be is an eukaryotic animal cell. You know, the cell with the nucleus, the cell membrane, the cytoplasm, etc., with all the other cell organelles with membranes that prokaryotic cells don't have, and with no cell wall, like the eukaryotic plant cells. 


  Also, the cell that has all of those ribosomes, that receive the RNA (messages/orders from the DNA) from the DNA, so that it can make its little proteins for the cell, and transport it to the endplasmic reticulums, that later, BAM! Goes away (the proteins) from the cell, all nicely packed up by the golgi apparatus. You knowm the one that utilizes the mitochondria for energy. Summarizing, the tiny tiny cell-like example of a protein factory.
  
  Er- herm! Continuiung...however though, I don't want to be just any animal cell...
The specific eukaryotic animal cell that I want to be is...
(...)
Well, it's
Big


it's


Bad
(...not for your health, but yeah, just want to make this interesting)




and it's


White!
Plus, it looks like a rice ball (0.0?)?!
 It's...
Guessed?
...the white blood cell...

  If I were to be a cell, I would like to be a white blood cell (a.k.a. leukocytes)! ;)

Why?

  Er-herm! Probably because I would like to defeat some of the bad guys that are present in the body (uuumm...lame? e.o)! I would like to become a super cell hero (...even more lame...-.-")! :D

  Background information (in case you are totally confused): white blood cells, are what helps the circulatory system, prevent diseases. When a germ, or anything unusual, that looks suspicious, is present in the blood, the white blood cells try to get rid of it. To do that, these cells can:
1) Produce antibodies that will get rid of the germ or the unusual thing.

2)Surround the evil thing and devour it (tasty?).

  Specifically, I would like to be a white blood cell that does does what number 2 is saying.
Again,

Why?


  Lets just say that since, I'm really into fighting (mostly in videogames, for in real life, I'm nothing, but a little midget - sad T^T).

 For your information, another reason for why I chose to be a white blood cell is because, since it fights (well it actually devours anything suspicious in the blood, but I still consider this as fighting, kind of), I think that these kinds of cells are pretty cool. Furthermore, if I were to have the responsability of protecting something very important (in this case, the human body), I would like to do anything that will assure of its security. Maybe I'm more of the heroin type (what's happening to me?! >o<)?

(...)

 Um, so I just found out that there are six main types of leukocytes in the body: (percentages will also be included)

I'll also be providing some information about each of them:



Neutrophils are the little cells with the purple things in them.

Cool!
The purple cel on the left is a band neutrophil.

Eosinophil

Basophil

Monocyte

Lymphocyte

  Out of all of these kinds of white blood cells, I want to be a monocyte, for they can ingest more bacteria, than neutrophils. Also because, like some of the other cells, I don't want to kill germs and bacteria with chemicals, but just by digesting them (muahahahaha I think that this kind of way is more like me, for I love eating!).

  Now something that I still haven't mentioned, which I guess you that must be wondering right now (or not :p), is: why a eukaryotic animal cell and not the other cells (er-herm as mentioned way above)?
Now, I shall answer this question:

1) Plants: I find plant cells more complicated, than animal cells; therefore I never had any interest in them. Actually (sorry for plant lovers), I actualy never had any interest in plants at all (...could it be because of the vegetables? x.x). Moreover, since I'm a human (umm...duh?) and I have the same cells that an animal has, I feel more excited in learning something that is more related to me, than something that isn't (plants). For then, I can have more knowledge in things that occur in my body, such as diseases, and be more aware of them.

2) Bacteria: Not that I have anything against them, but it's because, like I've mentioned before: since I'm a human (going to skip the "umm...duh?" -.-) and I have the same cells that an animal has, I feel more excited in learning something that is more related to me, than something that isn't. For then, I can have more knowledge in things that occur in my body, such as diseases, and be more aware of them.


  On Friday, my teacher showed my class and I a really cool video that explores the interior environment of a cell (I think it's an animal cell).
With a little song~

With a little explanation (urgh! Hahahah just kidding, miss! xD)

4 comentários:

  1. Hellooooo baaarb!!! (Nicolas tava atrapalhando) Sokol I really liked the post. It was all detailed and goodly enplanated and had some images which were really nice!!! But there was one thing.... The post was reeeeeallyyyyyy loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong!!!! But... It was good!!
    Love you barb!!!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. To Fernanda Silva: Thanks miss! It's all because your are a good science teacher! ;)

    ResponderExcluir
  3. To Debb: Hiiiiii debbbbb!!!! (você estava me atrapalhando kkkkkk). Thanks for complementing the post, in which I put so much effort and dedication in creating (yeah, believe it, I really did). Yah, I know that it is very long, but it's because this way, people will learn more about the topic, you see? The longer, the better (so those who are reading my posts, please suffer! Muahahahahahaha-just kidding, love ya, peeps! And you too, Debbs).

    ResponderExcluir